Friday, December 14, 2018

A letter to my husband's new girlfriend

When I first got with my husband there was a woman just like me telling me to get away from him. She told me that he was abandoning her and her child and that it would be me one day too. She was warning me and trying to save me from the inevitable heartbreak and sadness she could foresee but I could not. She did it in a way that was crude and harsh, and at the age of 22, I didn't give a fuck what someone else said anyway. So I stayed and called her crazy, he and I would laugh at her bat-shit crazy behavior. We left the state and never looked back at the children (yes, two, two different women, big red flag) that he was leaving behind. I feel so utterly guilty today for assisting in his bad behavior. I've since apologized to the woman I used to make fun of, I've told her all of my wrongs and luckily she has forgiven me. I hope you don't end up with regrets as I have. I hope you would be disgusted if you knew how much he is choosing you over his children because as a mother yourself, you wouldn't want it done to your kids. I'd never again date a man like my husband. I'd never date a man that bad mouths his ex-wife regardless of what happened. I know he tells you how awful I was, I wasn't the best, but he wasn't so great either. You'll see in due time, hopefully not. I hope you are lucky enough to get out of it without kids involved because I'll be even more jealous if you get to walk away from him without strings. I hope he never hurts you in the same way that myself and several others have experienced. As a woman, I feel we should be building each other up and sticking together, so instead of wishing you ill, I wish you the best. I'll be here when you need someone who "gets it" and need comfort and support. I'll greet you with open arms and a box of tissues, and we'll get through it. I hope this doesn't happen because I do not wish the way I feel on anyone, especially you. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment